Here are four steps to take:
1. Accept that mistakes are useful and natural: Process the emotional shock first before trying to make changes & align your expectations with reality.
2. Determine what’s in your control: Think about what you can control to change the next outcome.
3. Explore alternative options with better outcomes: Research, brainstorm, or ask others to help.
4. Ensure your learning is Intentional: Manufacture scenarios to practice and see how you can prevent that mistake from occurring again. Getting feedback is also a critical piece to learning from our mistakes.
5. Analyze progress: Analyze how your adjustments are working. If they aren’t, then revisit the previous steps to see what you can readjust.
#learnfrommistakes #mistakeshappen #howtohappy #positivemindset #growthmindset #happiness