It’s impossible to think clearly with heightened emotions. Your goal is to stay neutral and reduce emotion so you can get to a more calm place.
1. Lean toward the side of listening.
2. Validate first, then discuss content.
3. Reduce emotional intensity, then focus on potential solutions.
4. Don’t get sucked into your emotions: Use boundaries and space.
5. Make your goals and intentions for the conversation clear.
1. How well do you validate others before trying to solve problems?
2. How often do your emotions get the best of you during discussions?
➥➥➥ Check Out Some of Our Previous Happy Talks! ➥➥➥
❤️ Toxic Positivity – What is it and How to Avoid it
❤️ How Long Should You Meditate For
❤️ Overcoming Fear [3 Approaches For How To Overcome Fear]
❤️ Why The Feedback Sandwich Method Is Risky
❤️ Eating Healthier: Food Swapping – Healthy Food Swaps
❤️ Stop Saying “If It Makes You Feel Better” (3 Reasons Why It Doesn’t)